Sunday, August 7, 2011

Suck pads for the Ergo with Pictures

Have I mentioned that I am cheap?  I hate to pay a lot of money for something that I can make myself.  I think this comes from the fact that my mom used to do stuff like this.  Mind you if I can't make it, I am willing to pay for it, but if it is simple enough to make, I will do it myself.

This is one of those things that I decided to make myself.  I really like my Ergo, but my little buddy boy is starting to suck on the sides.  So following the directions from this lovely blog Lu Bird Baby, I sewed myself up a pair of suck pads rather than buy some.  My sewing skills are not amazing, but if it is a straight-line, I can do that.


I made a matching pacifier hold.  


This is a set I made with flannel back and cotton front
Three sets I made for friends
Cotton knit front, Fleece back



I made a minor modification as I used fleece for the backing instead of the terry cloth as I didn't have any on hand.  Since this will go in his mouth I do want to make a set made out of all cotton.  Well I did make a set, but I screwed up my sewing on that one as they turned out two different sizes so it went into the reject pile.

I realize that my colours of blues are a little off so next time I am at a fabric store, I will try to find a colour that blends with my Ergo better.

No comments: