Saturday, February 4, 2012

First Years Newborn to Toddler Reclining Chair Review

Benjy has started to eat solid food with gusto.  It took a while, but he finally eats regularly so we have been getting a lot of use out of our highchair.  There are lots of highchairs on the market.  Some are freestanding, clip right to the table, or attach to a chair.  When we went out to purchase a highchair we looked at all the different options.



For price and convenience we opted for one that attaches to a chair.  We bought a First Years one.  It has many features including being able to recline and two different high levels.  It has a 3 point harness and is very easy to clean.

I have used highchairs with a 5 point harness and honestly I don't see the need for it.  It seems like another thing that will just get dirty.

The First Years chair comes with a cloth cover that is very easy to throw into the machine and no matter what is stuck to it or smeared on it has come out clean.  Benjy is a messy eater though so lately I have been leaving the cloth cover off of it.  There are no sharp pieces on the chair so it does not look funny without the cover.  It is solid plastic underneath so it makes it much easier to clean.





One feature I like about the chair is that is has a little bump between his legs which helps to keep him in the chair more securely.  I have another chair for the babysitters house that does not have that bump and he tends to slide down in that one.



It attaches very easily to the chair.  We were not able to use one of our kitchen chairs though as the back of ours curves and the back of the highchair is straight.  We had another chair I have in my sewing room with a straight back and attached the high chair to that one.  It has straps that attach to the back and bottom of the chair.
1.5 months old in the reclined position

Another great thing about this chair is that it is easily portable.  It does not fold down though, but it is still small enough it could be easily taken over to grandma's or a friends house.

Overall I really like this chair that we purchased.  It has a great price point as well.  I think we paid $39.99 at Walmart for it.  It is a solid well made chair and it has lasted well so far.  I would definitely recommend it to others.


These are my own opinions and I have not been paid to say this.  I bought this chair with my own money.

post signature

No comments: