Saturday, July 6, 2013

Camping

For the next week, I'll be going camping with my parents.  I thought it was a big thing going camping with just 1 kid.  I am glad we purchased a 2nd hand van last September as I'll be taking a lot of stuff with me.  Unfortunately due to the Chief's bad allergies, he won't be joining.

We are going to a provincial campground so the campsites are nice, the bathrooms are clean, and there are nice lakes to go swimming up.  I'll be staying in the tent with the kids.  

Since I'll be do sleeping with the baby at least half the night, I didn't feel comfortable using an air mattress.  I purchased a double size 4 inch foam mattress.  I'm hoping it will be comfortable for the both of us.


This is the tent I have. 
It's not the best tent, but its roomy. The screen porch on the front is great to put the camp chairs and strollers during the night so they don't get wet from unexpected rain or morning dew.   It cost me $98 from Walmart. It requires a tarp though. Found that out the hard way last year.  So I purchased a large tarp from Canadian Tire for $20.  I'll let you know at the end of the week if we stay dry.


Camping in northern Ontario is always interesting.  It can easily go up to the high 20s during the day, but hit single digits during the night.  This requires lots of clothing for all those weather conditions especially when you have a 2 year old who never seems to stay clean and a little baby that still spits up a lot.  The pile of stuff I need to bring seems to be growing and growing. I'll update how our adventure went next week.  

No comments: