Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Doctor's Appointment

I went to my long awaited doctors appointment. I told that doctor that I have been trying for just under a year. She gave me a prescription for Metformin as she suspects that I have PCOS. She also gave me a package about female infertility, although she smiled and said that I probably know everything that is in the booklet.

DH got a bottle to give a sample of his swimmers as well as requisition for some blood work.

I got a requisition for blood work to go on Day 3. Then to go on Day 21, day 28, Day 35, etc until I get my next AF to check my progesterone levels. I also have to call on Day 1 to book an appointment for an HSG to check my tubes. She said I could old off on it to see if the Metformin helped, but I just want to make sure that everything is in good working order and I am feeling a little impatient. She also said that clomid would be our next step if the metformin didn't work.

I am supposed to be meeting with her again in 2 months. I am really glad that she is being so proactive, but a little sad that I found out today that she is moving away. However with her starting my work out, the next doctor, will just have to continue what she started, so I don't have to worry about the other doctor blowing me off. I feel pretty relieved that the appointment went so well and now I have steps to take. Oh and she told me to work on losing some weight, which is my ongoing goal, lol.

No comments: