Friday, July 16, 2010

Moments of Peace

Today it was an overcast day and somewhat rainy.  It was muggy though.  I went to my friend's cottage and since the Chief was busy at home helping his mom move into her new apartment, I took the opportunity to go for a walk on the beach alone which due to record low water levels this year, exists.  I have posted pictures of the lake before, but to illustrate my peace, I will post some more.

Since it was a windy day the waves were rolling into the shore and making a wonderful sound.  It was very relaxing.  I was walking along just enjoying the sounds of nature.  However since we do live in a place that little things like black bears like to frequent,  walking along silently is not always the best idea.  So I started singing and man was my voice sounding clear and in tune out there.

I spent a good 30 mins just exploring the newfound beaches.

I found this piece of wood that a beaver had chewed at both ends so it looked like a pencil and had been weatherbeaten.

Here is a shot of how far I walked

Overall I had a nice walk and just tried to relax and enjoy the moment.  Here are some other pictures from my moment of zen.



My footprints
A picture perfect setting provided by nature without any man made help.

I love living where I do, surrounded by such beauty.  I could not imagine in a place with no trees and no lakes.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow that is so serene! great pics!

Anonymous said...

That must have been so good for the soul... so good for you!

-Jen