Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Four Generations


I have been absent for a few days as we went to see my paternal grandparents and help them celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary.  That is not a typo.  They have been married for 65 years and in that time period have had 12 children, 18 grandchildren, and 18 great-grandchildren ( soon to be 19 once my sister's little one arrives).

In this day where marriages often do not last for long, sixty-five years is amazing.  My grandparents still very much love each other and despite ups and downs have stayed together for all these years.  They still live in the same house my grandfather built in 1955, although it has had a few changes over the years.

My Dad was also there so we took the opportunity to take a 4 generation shot.

My Memere, Pepere, Me, Benjy, My Dad

No comments: