Thursday, August 4, 2011

Moving myself to a new bracket, Petunia Pickle Bottom Snuggle Set


I don't know if you have ever watched Corner Gas, but there is an episode where they try expensive products like cheese and jams and then complain that they can't go back to their old stuff as they have been moved to a new "expensive" bracket.


I won't say that I have been totally moved to a new bracket, but at times, trying a product you pay more for is well worth the money.  I have an Ergo baby carrier.  They are not cheap ( although I got mine cheaper off a friend who had bought the wrong one), but they are a well made carrier and well worth the money.


Shortly after I had the baby, ( like 3 days later), we were in a boutique baby store.  I don't buy tons of stuff there as I cannot afford it, but the odd thing I really like I will pick up.  My husband ( who has since learned better) asked me if I wanted to get him an outfit.  I said sure.  I bought a Petunia Pickle Bottom set.  I had no idea what Petunia Pickle Bottom was at the time, but I thought the set was really cute.
Petunia Pickle Bottom Snuggle Set (Boy)


Luckily we got the set on sale, but we still paid roughly $40 for not a lot of stuff.  A hat, a sleeper, and a swaddling blanket.


Benjy at 3 weeks old
BUT you know what, it is a good quality product.  The sleeper fit for a very long time.  The hat was cute ( and lost somewhere in my house right now ).  The thing I love the most is the swaddling blanket.  It is huge, very stretchy and pretty much the only thing I can use to swaddle him in right now.


I liked it so much that I went looking for more.  Then I realized how much those blankets cost.  As much as I would love  to get another blanket from that company, I realize I just can't afford it right now.  But if I could afford it, I would totally get more in a heartbeat.

No comments: