Friday, September 16, 2011

What has been on my TV lately?

Jes's guest post about TV last week is similar to the what I am doing right now.  While I am not restricting TV from anyone in the house, I definitely don't watch it as much as I used to.  We used to have satellite, but we are trying to cut costs so I did a 2 month trial run of going without traditional TV and only using Netflix.  At the end of the 2 months I cancelled my satellite.

 Although I will miss some of the newer shows that come out, I find Netflix suites my current lifestyle better.  I used to keep the TV on all day, but not really watch it.  Now I watch TV mostly in the evenings.  I don't watch it every  night.  Because I can watch it when I want and not when the network decides to play it, I don't feel drawn to tune in all the time.

Another thing that I enjoy is the ability to pause and rewind.  Often times Benjy is nursing or sleeping when I watch, but at times he is fussy.  I don't own a DVR so pausing live TV was never an option for me.  With Netflix, I am easily able to pass the program to deal with Benjy and calm him down and turn it back on later.
I am not saying that I will never get satellite again as I do enjoy lots of shows on TLC and the major networks, for the time being Netflix is much more convenient and cost effective for how much I watch.
post signature

No comments: