Thursday, November 22, 2012

Christmas Ideas

As the Christmas season draws closer, the favourite thing on every kids mind is presents. My son is only 19 months so he doesn't really get the hype of the holidays yet. We saw Santa walking through the mall the other day. Benjy was terrified of him and barely took the candy cane Santa offered him. In our house, we have decided not to celebrate/believe in Santa. Presents are from mommy and daddy, and Christmas is a time for family, friends, and time spent together.

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to watch Benjy open up his gifts this year. We got him a Kidkraft vintage kitchen, with pots and pans accessories. I still need to pick up some fake food for him to play. I also got him a little cleaning set. We are done for him. For my husband and myself, we really aren't sure what we are doing other than stocking stuffers. I would mind a waffle maker or jewellery, but nothing I really want this year.

We do some traditions every year. As a family we decorate a gingerbread house. We have made some interesting ones over the years with just my husband and I. I also like to make molasses hands and spiced sugar cookies. I have lots of cookie cutters so it is fun to make them in all shorts of different shapes. I will link in future posts some of the recipes I make every year. Also I will attempt to do some crafts with Benjy. I am not sure how far we will get, but we will try.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the kitchen set. I have an entertainment center set aside to make one for Rory's second bday in march but I might just break down and purchase her one and save myself the hassle since I will be like 7 months pregnant at that point!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. I'm sure he will love the kitchen!