Monday, February 15, 2010

Family Day

So today is Family Day in Ontario, Saskatchewan, and Alberta as well Manitoba and PEI have holidays as well. Most people are off work today, however federal officials still have to work ( so the Post office is open). My DH and I are together in the house, but he is playing a game and I am on my computer and soon to be putting some laundry away.

I am really hoping that next family day, we will have an additional member. Right now it is me, my DH, Bacon, and some fish. Our little family is nice, but the cat isn't always a good fill in for a baby. Last night we watched Predator ( not really romantic, but neither of us had seen it), and DH and I were on the couch and Bacon came and laid on me for a while ( and totally passed out). Then he got tired of being on me and moved to the floor. Bacon likes to cuddle, but on his own terms. Usually the terms are that he has not been fed and wants to stay near you until you go to the kitchen, and he can receive his breakfast or dinner. He loves to cuddle with me when I am trying to crochet or am typing on my computer. If he is really wanting to be fed or just wants attention he licks my nose. He loves to lick it especially when I am asleep.

He loves to sleep on our bed at night ( see again the waiting for food). More than once I have woken up with him in my arms underneath the covers. He has slept on my pillow, between me and my DH, sometimes where my ( or DH's) feet are supposed to be. On rare occasion he will sleep on my side. Even rarer on DH's side. This is a picture of him when he was a kitten and had fallen asleep on the couch.

He is our little baby, but he cannot grow up. He cannot talk to me, although he is part Siamese and he really tries to at times. We have had fights where I am telling him he was bad and he meows back with such a sharp tone, its like he is talking back to me. He cannot go to school. I can't see him change into a young man or woman. He stays the same.

I mean he is easy to take care of--I feed him twice a day, give him fresh water and change his litter box once in a while. I don't have to wake up in the night to feed him although he tries to make me do that. I don't have to change him although he gets the occasionally wash down when he smells a bit. He gets treats occasionally.

Here as a kitten in my DH's arms. He still likes to cuddle like this, but he is quite a bit larger now.

1 comment:

Kaitlin Laine said...

Awe, Hopefully you'll be a family of four next year. I've never really been a cat person (that may be because all cats hate me) but your kitty is making me want one. Good luck!!