Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I am grumpy

Well I am usually a pretty optimist person. Not much gets me down. I have hope that things will turn out, but lately things have been piling up that get me down.

  • TTC is not something I can control at the moment and although I am not trying to think about it, I am obviously aware of it. I keep feeling like AF will show, but sure enough I go check and no sign of her. I have been having random cramping.
  • I have had a cough for about 3 weeks now. I had a cold and stomach issues the first week with only a slight cough nothing major and then I felt better on the Friday. Then I seem to have gotten larigytis as I had no voice last week, but now my voice is better. I am not too congested anymore, but this cough will not let up and always seems the worst at night. Since I took a test and it was negative, I took some cold medication which helped me to sleep through the night without waking up, as I had 3 hours of sleep the night before. I don't want to take any tonight, but I am still coughing.
  • I am currently a supply teacher. I am a qualified teacher, but got bumped out of my permanent position due to cutbacks. I recently applied for a bunch of positions and didn't even get an interview. ( It is not just me though that seems to be keep being passed over). It is just really depressing that I can't seem to get a head. I supply at least 3 times a week, but a long term job is what I really want.
  • And the fact that it is winter, really cold, and the lack of sunlight seems to be making my mood pretty yucky. I like to walk, but when faced with a windchill of -20C, I can't say that I am motivated to leave the house. It seems that this time of year is the longest, and the coldest.
I have been pretty snarky lately and mostly with my husband, but I will admit my patience with my students lately has not been the best, ( although I have been trying really really hard to stay my fun happy self which I accomplish about 99 percent of the time.) My DH understands my frustrations. I hate feeling this way.

Hopefully things will start to look up soon and with more sunshine happening I am hoping my regular self will come back.


No comments: