Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Life with Baby

Well Benjy is now a little over a week old.  I can't say that it has been the easiest week of my life, but things seem to be going well.  Although nursing hurt at first, my nipples have toughened up and unless he is really hungry it usually doesn't hurt one bit.  He so far has refused to sleep for long in his crib or playpen at night.  I am working on getting him to sleep in his playpen in our room at night.  So far it is not going so well, but everyday is a new day.

He really enjoys sleeping on top of me.  Last night he sleep on me for 4 hours ( in 2 hour stretches) on the couch and then 3 hours in bed with me once the Chief got up.  I really am not totally comfortable with co-sleeping, but right now I need some sleep so I will do it a bit for now.  I am hoping to get him more comfortable with sleeping in his playpen at night.

No comments: