Friday, April 15, 2011

Baby Carrier Review

So I wrote about getting the Seven Sling a while ago.  So now that the baby is here, I have been trying it out.  Honestly, not really impressed with it.  I don't find that Benjamin fits in it well at all.  I have tried it out both with him awake and asleep and neither is working out well.  I will keep trying, but not something I really seem to like.

The carrier that I have used that I do like is called a Womb Wrap.  It is similar to a moby.  The Womb Wrap is really easy to use and Benjamin is really comfortable in it.  I have taken into the grocery store with it and worn him around the house.  I followed a friend's trick of putting on the wrap at home and then putting him into once we got to our destination via car.  Since the sides are so long, they do go on the ground which isn't the best when you are in a dirty parking lot.

I haven't really tried out the ring sling  or mei tei yet, but as he gets bigger I will.

2 comments:

kayee said...

Good to hear this. I have the Moby Wrap and I heard that it is easier to put on before you get to your destination too. Do you feel like he is secure in there?

Meg said...

He feels very secure. You do have to occasionally retie the back though.

I did put it on in the car the other day and although it was difficult, I did manage to do it properly.