Saturday, April 2, 2011

Due Date Came and Went

Well April 1st was my due date and no baby.  I was really hoping that Baby Spud would make his/ her appearance, but not such luck.

I saw the doctor on Wednesday and she told me I was 2 cm dialted.  She swept my membranes.  That resulted in my mucous plug beginning to come out.  My blood pressure was a bit high the first time it was checked, but it went back down.  I had a follow up check on Saturday scheduled at the Mat ward to see what it was like.  My next appt with the doctor is on Monday morning.

For the last two nights though, I have gotten to make a lovely trip to the Mat Ward.  The first trip was because I thought I was in labour. I was having fairly regular contractions, but they were not doing anything.  I was so hopeful as my mucous plug came out. ( Well some of it anyways, this thing seems to be never ending).  I had to stay on the NST monitor for about an hour because the baby was sleepy. Nurse checked me then and said she thought I was only 1 cm.  Had lots of bloody show through the night though.  So got sent home. Note to self: eat something before going in.  It will make sure the baby is active.

Last nights trip was because my blood pressure spike to 133/102.  This time I called the Mat ward first.  They told me to come in and get it checked.  Thankfully I hadn't eaten dinner too much longer before so the baby was quite active.  Didn't have to stay hooked up to the NST too long.  My blood pressure went down a bit while there.  144/88 which is a bit better of a number. They did find a trace amount of protein in my urine. They sent me home and told me to get some rest.  The nurse said I didn't have to come back in for a BP check today as it was roughly 12 hours before I was supposed to come in.  She said that the Dr would follow up on Monday.

So the goal for tonight is to not go into the Mat ward.  Not only is it at night, but it is an hour away and with the price of gas, the next time I go in, I want it to be the real thing.

No comments: