Friday, July 15, 2011

Baby Leg Warmers On the Cheap

One of the things that are quite popular are Baby Legs.  They are advertised as being great for babies that are crawling and make for quick and easy diaper changes.  One downside to them is that they are not cheap.  At being sold between $12-15 per pair, I found it quite pricey for one pair of legwarmers.  

In my pursuit of being thrifty, I looked up how-to's to make my own.  Many of them suggested using long girls socks so off I went to the store to go pick some up in boy friendly colours. While I was at the store, I happened to find leg warmers on clearance.  From looking at them and already seeing Baby Legs, there was not much difference I could tell.  So I bought the leg warmers that were on clearance. For $8.40 with tax, I picked up 4 pairs. 






Benjy in his Zebra print diaper with his leg warmers

I find them really easy to use and great for adding a little bit of warmth.  The only downside to not buying Baby Legs is that the selection of colours and prints that are masculine are limited.  Some of the Baby Legs prints are pretty cute, but if you want to still go for the latest trend without spending a lot, buying girls' leg warmers is an excellent way to go.


No comments: