Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kawaii Diapers

The first diapers I bought were Kawaiis.  Kawaiis are pockets that are fairly inexpensive.  The cool thing about Kawaiis is that they come in many different types, even though they are one size. I recently bought two Heavy Duty with Heavy Duty and 2 Square Tab to add to my collection of cloth diapers.  
The Heavy Duty
The plus side of the Heavy Duty is that it is easily adjustable and can make for easy diaper changes especially when you have a wiggly worm to try to change.



The inside of the Heavy Duty is suede which wicks the moisture away from the baby's skin.

It comes with laundry tabs to hook the Velcro onto.  The great thing is that the laundry tabs work well and stay put in the wash.

It comes with a 2 microfibre inserts which easily stuffs into the pocket. For daytime I only use one, but night time I make sure that there are 2 in there.  Two inserts were working at night, but Benjy is wetting heavier than he used to and after a few hours he is leaking out of them.  He is also a side sleeper which could be contributing to the problem.



The other set of diapers I bought were the Square Tab.

The inside of the square tab is microfleece instead of suede.  



The snaps are very adjustable and allow the diaper to be made smaller if need be.

Both of these diapers are slightly larger in size compared to the other Kawaiis I have which are a Bamboo Minky and Fun Print Snap.  The PUL feels thicker and they do feel more heavy duty as their names imply.  Unfortunately they do not come in a collection of prints, but only solid colours.

These diapers are not bad for nighttime use, but for me I need to change my son midway through the night.

I am planning on ordering more of the ones with Velcro.  Although I do like the snaps, I find that in cases of quick diaper changes or being out, that I prefer to be able to just slap on the velcro.  Also I find that I can adjust the fit with the Velcro just a bit more than the rigid placements of the snaps.   Overall I really like my Kawaiis.  They are good quality diapers without having to pay quite a lot.

The Square Tab and Velcro Kawaiis both retail for $6.99.  They are an excellent value and a good way to grow your stash without having to break the bank.  For less than $100, you can purchase 14 diapers.

No comments: