Saturday, June 12, 2010

Anniversary

In a little less than a week, Mr. O and I will be celebrating 6 years of marriage. Honestly by now I thought we would have at least one child. We had a 3 year plan when we first got married, meaning in 3 years we would start trying. Well that got pushed back once, and then again, and then again. The first time it got pushed back, the timing was just not right. We had just graduated, we had no jobs. The other times, Mr. O was not yet ready, and while I was not overly happy about that at the time, I admit that it was a good thing to wait.

We finally started trying last year shortly before our 5th anniversary. Mr. O was convinced it was going to happen right away, and something inside of me told me that it was going to take a while. Sure enough it is taking a while. Hopefully our 6th year of marriage will bring the one thing we both desperately want-a child.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I learned with this last cycle of mine to just let go of every thought I had of TTC and just enjoy Joshua. I know that the last thing you want to hear is me saying just relax and it will happen...but I can tell you that after 2.5 years of actively trying...the first cycle I handed it over to God completely and said okay...I am just going to leave it up to you...I ended up pregnant.

I hope that your long journey ends with a BFP soon!!