Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fun Day

Yesterday at the one of the highschools I work at, we had a fun day. We played some games, but the best part of the day was the non-newtonian fluid ( cornstarch and water). A big tub of it was made up and it was lots of fun. You could run across it, jump on it, but if you stopped moving, you would sink through. Once you sunk through it was hard to get out. So at first I just put my hands in it. It didn't take much to convince me to take off my shoes and run over it and then sink it in. Only downside is that you get covered in a fine layer of cornstarch goo after you are done, but it leaves your skin nice and soft.

So about those games we played. They were fun ( octupus, rock paper scissors tag, baseball, and ultimate frizzbee). All good games, but not if you are not used to running around. Although I have a lot more energy from my swimming 3-4 times a week, I don't necessarily move all those muscles that games such as ultimate frisbee use. My poor rib cage hurts, and moving from a sitting position just aches. I was feeling a bit sore yesterday, but today takes the cake. I didn't go swimming tonight because I felt like I needed a break.

But to end on a positive note, when we played baseball, I was not sure if I was going to be able to make contact with the ball. Not really my strong point. However, I did manage to bunt the ball and got to 1st:) and then through others hitting the ball I got to run home:)

No comments: