Thursday, August 26, 2010

Appointments

So I finally had my first doctors appointment or so I thought.  Instead I just saw a nurse who was not as reassuring as I wanted.  The appointment started with him asking me why I was there.  So he checked my blood work, took my blood pressure, and then told me that since my doctor had not sent me for an "official" PG test, I was not pregnant till he had that result.  He claimed that a machine had a to process the urine.  I did a urine sample so he could check my urine for protein and then was going to send the rest to the lab to be tested. So I left the appointment pretty disappointed and he told me to see the Nurse Practitioner in 10 days.  I made an appointment for Sept 7.

I got a call from him the next day that my urine sample was not refrigerated so I had to go to the lab and do another one.  Fun Fun.  So I go to the lab, there is a line up and just as I am about to pee myself, I get called to give my sample.  I asked the tech how it will be tested.  She said with pretty much just a home pregnancy test, it doesn't get run through a machine at all.  Arg.  That was annoying.

Due to a cancellation, I was able to see the Nurse Practitioner today.  It was a much better appointment.  I had an hour so I got to ask her all my questions.  I mentioned that with PCOS I was concerned so she sent me for a dating/ viability ultrasound which I am waiting to hear from the ultrasound place for an appointment. I am feeling much better and can't wait till I can see my little bean.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh the first guy sounds like a tool! Hopefully things will start to go a little smoother for you from here on out though.

Meg said...

Yeah, I have a ultrasound Sept 15 so I am really looking forward to that.