Saturday, August 7, 2010

Looking to the future

Today my MIL and I had a garage sale.  I didn't make too much money, but she did pretty well.

As the garage sale was drawing to a close, she went through some of the tubs she had that had baby stuff from when DH was a baby.  She showed me some pictures and the sleeper that she took him home from the hospital in ( that was the only time he wore it as he was 9 1/2 lbs when he came home and the sleeper was to 10lbs.)  She also showed me a little romper he wore in a picture and some shirts he wore as a kid.

She found a cute little sweater and pants set that my DH also wore.  I can't wait till my own child can wear the same clothing.  It seems like this pregnancy is going to go very slowly, but that is probably because I am not working yet and don't have much to occupy my days.

I have started to crochet two blankets for the coming baby.  One is in a thin yarn and I am using a small stitch so it will take a while to finish, but it is using only one ball of yarn so it is my " travelling" blanket as it is easily transportable.  The other one I am making is made of a thicker yarn in cream and green in rows of 3 green, 3 cream.  It is not as easy to move, but is in a larger stitch so is quicker to make.  I will take a picture and post it later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like! Or they look like...lol.

I'm going to start sewing again tomorrow. I wish I knew what our little one was going to be so I could could start making something none gender neutral.