Friday, February 18, 2011

Impromptu Trip to L&D

Yesterday I was getting lots of Braxton Hicks.  Those were not bothering me too much, but several times through out the day I got a terrible stitch on my right side.  A few happened while I was in class with students.  I was able to stretch through it.  The worst one happened after dinner.  It was so bad that I could barely walk and I decided to take a warm bath.  The pain did not subside at all.  I had to holler for the Chief to help me out of the tub.  He helped me to lie down in bed where the pain finally started to go away, but it was not completely gone.

I thought it might be a pulled muscle, but I wanted to be safe than sorry.  So I told my hubby I wanted to go to the hospital.  About 10 minutes later we were on our way to the hospital which took an hour to get to.  I ended up driving half way there as well since the Chief was exhausted and started to drift off.

When we got to the hospital, the pain was still there, but not as bad as it had been in the tub.  They hooked me up to a non stress test machine to check on the baby.  I got to listen to the heartbeat for 20 minutes.  It was quite reassuring.  I was not having any contractions.  The doctor saw me briefly and told me it was probably the ligaments holding my uterus getting stretched out and it was nothing to worry about.  Just rest.

So I stayed home today and pretty much rested.  I did clean the kitchen a bit, but I took two naps in the midst of doing it.

Two good things that came out of this is I finally found what a non stress test was and I got to hear the heartbeat for a while.

1 comment:

The2sams said...

So sorry for your scare. Im glad all is well.