Sunday, February 13, 2011

So maybe I went shopping a little too quickly...or did I

My MIL called my hubby the other night and said that she bought the play-yard off my registry ( which is nicer than the one I ordered).  We were thinking about returning the other one, but we thought it would be good to keep to use at other people's houses.  I got really good deal on it so I thought I might as well keep it.

This is the one that she ordered for me



It matches the stroller set that we got which is pretty cool.

The other night though we went to Wal.mart and stocked up on lots of little things that we didn't have.  I got a diaper bag set, several hooded towels, a Tig.ger( to match the Pooh Bear we bought), extra crib sheets, 4 swaddling blankets, a bouncy seat, a first year Winn.ie the Pooh Book, and a little Win.nie the Pooh hat with mittens and booties.    All in all it wasn't that cheap, but I think we got a lot for roughly $200 with taxes.



The diaper bag set.  When I asked for advice about getting one, several people mentioned getting two sizes.  



Hood Towels

I only bought one of these are they were a bit pricey, but it is fluffier than the other ones.

Full of washclothes.  I am sure that I will need to use lots of them.




The nursery bedding.  I decided that since I didn't want to use bumper pads in the crib, there was no sense in buying a crib set.  A friend bought my the Winn.ie the Pooh Blanket so I bought a sheet.  I also bought two more sheets, but they are plain white.  All in all I have 4 sheets for the crib which I hope will be enough.


Win.nie the Pooh Central
We also picked up a bouncy seat.  It is cute and I know my nieces and nephews loved theirs so it will probably get a lot of use.
Some of the buys that were a bit more frivolous follow
A Growth Chart.  Probably not needed, but cute all the same

Puppets.  I really couldn't pass these up.



We have a few things left to get.  We don't have a diaper pail.  I am debating between a diaper genie or just a sealed trash can.  or 



We have a few toys, but nothing big. We will probably pick up a play arch or something like that.

I also need a monitor.  We were looking at ones that have two hand sets and doesn't interfere with wireless.


The dresser is pretty well organized thanks to some mini totes

From left to right we have: booties, toys, burp pads, socks, hats, and bibs.


Finally, I leave you with some funny pictures

Things that a change table can be used to store in the meantime.

I have been teaching the Chief how to put a diaper on a baby.  We used  a baby doll and a bear.
 



1 comment:

The2sams said...

So cute! Yall have gotten some great things.....and I love the baby doll and bear with little bitty diapers on. Thanks for sharing!