Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Benjy Update

Benjy is now 9 months old.  At his last baby well visit he weighed 22.9 lbs and was 30.5 inches tall.  Like many breastfed baby he gained a lot of weight at first and now has plateaued.  I am not complaining as it is nice that he is able to get good use out of his clothes as he has been in 12-18 month stuff for a few months now.

He currently has 3 teeth that are in with 4 and 5 emerging.  He has his two bottom middle teeth with his top left middle tooth in.  His tooth to the left is half way in and his tooth to the right of the middle his coming in.  I don't think it will be long till his other top middle tooth comes in as I can clearly see it outlined.
Here he is modeling the diaper I made him for Valentine's Day


Benjy can crawl very well and very quickly as the cat has found out.  He has been able to crawl since he was 7.5 months.  He has been standing up in his crib since just after 7 months.  He can stand up unassisted now and has taken a few small steps although he prefers to crawl as it is faster.  He cruises along the furniture and climbs onto of things like boxes to reach something if he can't get it.  He has taken a few of my tea cups ( which are not hot by the time I get to drink them) and dumped them over. For Christmas he got a walking toy and loves using it.

Food wise he is eating 3 meals a day with snacks plus nursing lots.  He eats oat cereal in the morning mixed with breastmilk most days, but sometimes prefers to have a piece of Farley's biscuit.  His morning and after snacks are fruit puree mixed with cereal.  His meals are a meat and a veggie usually mixed together.  I am allergic to tomato so I was hesitant to give him some.  I did one day and he absolutely loves it and has had no reaction.  He still reacts when I have straight dairy ( like cheese) so I am still avoiding it and haven't given him any.  He is fine though when I have diary that is baked into an item ( like bread or a donut). I am really hoping he outgrows this intolerance.


post signature

No comments: