Saturday, January 28, 2012

gDiapers

Inside of gDiaper
I kept seeing gDiaper ads everywhere.  I imagine as I search cloth diapers a lot on google that most of my ads are for cloth diapers.  I was curious about gDiapers so I bought two used from a fellow member on a cloth diaper group.  gDiapers have a cotton outer and an inner waterproof pouch.  They have disposable inserts or reusable insert.

This is known as a hybrid diaper as it combines both disposable inserts with a reusable cover.  I never used the diaper with the disposable option although I do have some.  I find them huge.  I also don't have one of their reusable inserts so I used a newborn prefold inside.  It works great.

medium on mr Monkey
Large cover, front view
gDiapers also look backwards.  The velcro does up in the back which is handy for a kid that likes to rip off their diaper.   The gDiaper is also a sized diaper coming in tiny ( for newborn), small, medium, and large.  It comes in a variety of colours and stripes.

While I don't hate the gDiapers, they are not my favourite diaper.  I think they would be good for a skinny baby.  I found Benjy even though he is slimming out to be too chunky for it.  The top elastic part would dig into him.  Also the sizing did not even go close.  The medium says 13-28lbs.  He is tipping the scales at 22lbs and I can't get the medium to do up on him anymore.  I have a large one as well.  It still fits him.

A plus side to the gDiapers is that they are very slim and fit well under lots of clothes.  I don't mind them for pees only, but poops are a scary thing and get all over the place.  The gPouch can be switched out as the outside of the diaper doesn't always get dirty.

I don't have a picture of Benjy in the gDiaper as he has been moving all over the place and getting any diaper and a picture of him in has not been easy.


Large Cover, back view

Inside of the diaper without gPant Pouch

gPant Pouch that snaps into cotton shell







post signature

No comments: