Monday, May 17, 2010

Bring on the Sunshine

The longer I live where I live, the more I realize that we don't have much of a spring. It is cold and then boom warm. Last week I walked to work in mitts, coat, hat and scarf, this week I walk to work in sandals, skirt and short sleeve blouse. What a difference 7 days can make. I planted some flowers yesterday and got a bit of a sunburn. The grass is growing like crazy and I think I am going to have to mow it soon ( DH gets out of the job due to severe allergies).

It was so nice outside that I convinced DH to help me pull out the patio table. I sat outside at the table and did marking and then after dinner I brought my laptop out and worked on an assignment till it was dark out. The only light I had was the citronella candles I was burning and the laptop screen. I got lots of work done. It is so quiet and peaceful in my back yard. The only sounds I heard were birds singing and the random car or person talking. Very relaxing.

I also let my cat go outside on his leash. He is a indoor cat, but during the summer months we let him come outside when we are out and walk around, eat some grass, and watch the birds. He was outside for about 2 hours yesterday and man was he tired out. He didn't even want to get up this morning to join us for breakfast, but instead wanted to lay on his bed ( He has claimed out guestroom bed as his).



1 comment:

The2sams said...

I love spring! Unfortunatly down here in Texas it is over and we are on are way to summer, 95 out today. Enjoy your weather!