Tuesday, May 4, 2010

HSG Test

and oh my did it hurt.

Next part is TMI:
She put the speculum in and cleaned me with a iodine/alcohol solution to clean it, then she took the catheter and clamped it to my cervix ( she told me it was a little pinch, but it was pretty sharp). Then she put the radioactive fluid in. Immediate cramping.

It was the cramping that really hurt. It only lasted for probably a minute or two, but man did it hurt alot. I am feeling pretty good now, just have some cramping and some residual fluid.

But the good news is that my tubes are clear. So it was worth the pain to get the good news.

It was my doctor who did the test which was a surprise as I thought it would be a lab tech.

2 comments:

The2sams said...

Been there, so glad that my HSG was over. Seriously I felt like I was going in for major surgery. And I had back surgery three years ago so I know what major surgery is. What a chicken I was. We are so brave. ;)

Unknown said...

I had mine done back in March and the catheter hurt me but the gel was just odd to me. Not really a pain. I'm glad to have that over with and know that at least it's one thing I don't have to worry about! The things we women have to go through.