Saturday, May 1, 2010

Busy Busy

I don't know what it is, but as summer approaches and the end of the school year is drawing closer, DH and I just get so busy. We barely have time to clean our house, nevermind time for each other. There always seems to be so much marking, and events and activities to attend to. Once summer hits things seem to relax a bit, but lots of stuff on the go.

I am so proud of the community I live in. We are not large and we are not rich by any means, but today for a family with a young mother suffering from a debilatating illness, we raised $21000. Our community is probably about 2-3,000 people, and we raised an amazing amount of money today at a walk a thon for her. We had about 40-50 people today out for the walk and am totally astounded at the amount we raised. It really warms your heart when others are helped so much.

Tonight I have a year end bowling party to go to and I am on the organizing committee for that as well so my day is packed. We are having a supper and a dance so I will be climbing into bed exhausted tonight, then have to clean up the house tomorrow, try to do some marking and plan an activity I am doing with my DH on Monday.

On the TTC front, the metformin seems to be helping, plus with gastrointestinal side effects if I eat too much refined sugar, seems to be helping with weight. I went swimming 3 times last week and plan to go this week as well. It is nice and relaxing, although I am a bit sore from not being used to using those muscles. I have an HSG on Tuesday afternoon so I will find out how my tubes are doing them. Hopefully all will be good.

No comments: