Friday, June 3, 2011

Review of things I have bought

Before Benjy was born, I blogged about some of the items that I bought for him as seen here Putting together baby furniture reviews  I posted then about putting them together.  This post is about how I like the items.

The crib-  Storkcraft Libby Crib
So Benjy really hasn't slept in his crib, but he likes to hang out in it.  So far it seems to be good.  Have to revisit this one once he starts to sleep in there more.  He usually sleeps in his pack n play or next to me in bed.


The change table- Storkcraft Libby Change Table
I use this all the time.  I love it.  I mentioned in my other post I have an organizer for the side.  It comes in quite handy.  It makes it very easy to change his diaper. The Chief likes it to as he doesn't have to bend over.  To me well worth the investment. 




Stroller- Graco ALANO Flipit in Hathway ( Travel System)
This is a great stroller.  The fact that the handle flips back and forth is very handy.  Depending on the way that the sun or wind is blowing, I am able to position him so he is in the ideal location.    Also since it is not good for a child to stay in their car seat all the time, the back is able to go down so Benjy can ride in the stroller now without being in his car seat.  


Cons: When the handle is reversed, it is a bit more difficult to steer when you are inside a store.  However outside, it is not an issue as you tend to walk in a straightish line.
Also when it is reversed, you have to be careful not to kick the wheels.  I have learned to shorten my stride slightly and it doesn't bother me anymore.


Bouncy Seat- 


This is a total must have.  This particular one is from Bright Starts.  Benjy loves the vibration.  I eat my breakfast every morning while Benjy is in this.  He is very comfortable in it, and enjoys looking around.  I also put him it in while I am in the shower so he can hang out with me in the bathroom.Bright Starts™ Teensy Turtle™ Bouncer





Swing- Bright Starts Comfort and Harmony Swing
I love this swing.  At first, Benjy was not sure about it, but he loves it now.  This one has music which we don't use too much.  The battery life on it seems really good... haven't had to replace them yet.


I like that this swing can be put into two positions.  Slighty up right, or flat.  Benjy usually likes to be up right, but when he is tired, he likes it to be in the flat position.   It has a 5 point harness, or you can easily make it a 3 point harness.  He often falls asleep in the swing when he is fussy.  He doesn't stay asleep for too long, but enough to get the dishes done.

No comments: